Venture Capital Boot Camp

Darden & Batten Institute offer an amazing way to get a crash course into the VC world. It's 3 days in Reston, VA and includes talks from successful entrepreneurs and VCs.  

I am interested in both worlds and came away with a much better understanding of term sheets, when and how to approach VCs and how to build a successful business. 

It even included a case competition where a real startup (insider spyder) pitched to us! 

 A panel of entrepreneurs

 Dinner in Reston Town Center (thanks Anshu & Nicole for such a great pose!) 



 Where we spent most of our time listening to the various speakers. Participants included students from Georgetown & Virginia Tech, EMBA at Darden and UVA undergads

 Winning team working hard on the term sheet

Winning team, our coach Philippe Sommers & the exec team at Insider Spyder after receiving our awards!

1 comments:

  1. Just saying thanks wouldn’t just be enough, for the fantastic fluency in your writing.shailendra singh sequoia

    ReplyDelete

 

About

I was originally born outside London but spent much of my childhood in Seattle. Most recently I was working for News UK (News International) in London in strategy and insight. I now find myself at Darden pursuing my MBA and hope to use the knowledge gained to start my own consumer goods business. In the mean time, you'll find me trying all the restaurants in Charlottesville, running the streets around town or convincing friends to have an early afternoon drink.