Darden Eats: Luke's Tex Mex

Although we may not have much time to cook I want to feature the different types of dishes that are being made here at Darden (and the people who are cooking them). 

So to kick off the first (of hopefully many) Darden Eats is Luke Forster with his Tex Mex!












Me: Hey, so Luke, why have you decided to make this dish?

Luke: Because it's cheap & easy? 

Me: Alright! That's a good answer. Did you make it before or is it because you're now on a student budget?

Luke: Ah, no, we used to do this a lot.

Me: Are you from Texas?

Luke: Well I lived in Houston for a long time.

Me: What were you doing in Houston? 

Luke: I was a consultant (Accenture). I went down there to work for an oil & gas client and ended up moving down to Houston and then transferring out of that job to a different client where I didn't end up working in Houston ever again. But it was a good time down there! Nice & warm.

Me: Did you eat lots of Mexican food?

Luke: Ah, well, there's a difference. If Adolfo (classmate who is from Mexico) was here he wouldn't call this Mexican food because this is coming from the border area which is much more...

Me: American?

Luke: Well, Tex-Mex but yeah exactly. Actual Mexican food is real good.

Me:  Do you have, what's it called? Triple barrel hat?

Luke: 3 gallon hat? No, I do not have a 3 gallon hat. But my roomate does! And my roomate also has a rodeo belt buckle if that helps. 

Me: A rodeo belt buckle!? That's amazing. So why did you come to Darden? Were you in Texas right before you moved to Charlottesville?

Luke: No, I transferred to Baltimore that's where my girlfriend lives now. About a year before. And I came to Darden to basically expand my skill set. I had become pretty focused within my consulting role so this was an opportunity to sort of branch out. 
I immediately regret this decision having met all of you. 

Me: We love you too Luke. So what has been your favorite class so far

Luke: Favorite class? MC. Hands down MC. If you didn't have June West you've been cheated on your experience. 

Me: So true. And what do you want to do after Darden?

Luke: Be a millionaire.

Me: Don't we all.

Luke: I'm probably going to go back into consulting with my original firm, just in a different role.

Me: And back in Baltimore?

Luke: Yeah! That's where the girlfriend lives and her family's from there. My family is from DC originally. 

Me: Not New Jersey as I originally thought when you turned up at the bar in a white jacket. 

Luke: That was for the eighty's night! Just because I was the only one to read the instructions shouldn't penalize me!

Me: Okay, we'll finish the interview with some quick fire questions. 

Luke:  Okay shoot

Me: Beer or wine?
Luke: Beer! I don't drink wine
Me: Car or bicycle? 
Luke: Car? Why would I want to bike. 
Me: Eggplant or zucchini? 
Luke: Eggplant!
Me: Beach or mountain?
Luke: Beach 
Me: Goat's cheese or cow's cheese?
Luke: Cow's cheese? 
Me: Sunrise or sunset? 
Luke: Sunset, I'm a night guy. 

Thanks Luke for being the first Darden Eats! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I was originally born outside London but spent much of my childhood in Seattle. Most recently I was working for News UK (News International) in London in strategy and insight. I now find myself at Darden pursuing my MBA and hope to use the knowledge gained to start my own consumer goods business. In the mean time, you'll find me trying all the restaurants in Charlottesville, running the streets around town or convincing friends to have an early afternoon drink.