We wuz robbed: Darden Cup round 1

Darden cup kicked off the other day with a soccer match to end all soccer matches. 

For those of you who don't know what THE Darden Cup is, it's a tournament between the 5 sections that runs the whole year. Events include everything from soccer & cricket to trivia & poker. Points are awarded based on who won and who had the greatest participation (attendance from faculty, SYs, spouses, partners, dogs....anyone who is connected to a member of the section). Whichever section wins takes home pride, glory and boasting rights. It's a big deal. 

Section E and C getting ready for the final game

First, let me say that I belong to Section E. It's really the only section worth talking about. 
Second, we were an amazing team but the game finished in penalty kick-outs and we lost by a goal.
Third, we're Extraordinar-E for a reason. The Darden Cup is a marathon not a sprint. 

Jon's PK

Coach Natalia 

Next is cricket (I may be English, but I have no idea how to play). Section E is currently ranked 2nd behind C but we've been training hard. Stay tuned!


Cheering the E team on

Vincent keeping the music going on the sidelines (the fact that he kept playing country is a different issue)

Post soccer sandwiches at Littlejohns 

Go Section E! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

I was originally born outside London but spent much of my childhood in Seattle. Most recently I was working for News UK (News International) in London in strategy and insight. I now find myself at Darden pursuing my MBA and hope to use the knowledge gained to start my own consumer goods business. In the mean time, you'll find me trying all the restaurants in Charlottesville, running the streets around town or convincing friends to have an early afternoon drink.